Saturday, August 8, 2009

Being Happy

I've been having lots of lessons on being happy lately. I've come to the conclusion that I'm too preoccupied to be happy when I should be. It's so ironic. We've had so many hard things to deal with in Brazil that, at times, I've longed (possibly ached isn't too strong of a word) to leave. But now that we are leaving, I am sad to go. It's just another example that happiness is just a decision. If I can look BACK and think of innumerable good things, I should theoretically be able to see the good while I'm living it.
And so, I'm practicing enjoying the moment and having some good success. For example, this week has been a financial nightmare, but since we closed our office here, Sheldon has been home a lot. Bonus? We all went to the beach with Dad, which hardly ever happens, as well as several nice family lunches, and even a few MarioCart challenges between my "five" boys.
It's nice how there are perks in every situation if a person is willing to acknowledge them. Life is the pits when you only consider the negative side of the equation. If I'm going to be lopsided in how I view my life, it's better to be lopsided toward hope and happiness.

Beijos, Beijinhos, and Beijaos, Kristen

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. I so often feel too preoccupied to notice the great things while they are happening. It's so much easier when you look back.

    And you're coming back! Yay! When?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when do you get to come home??? I totally agree with everything you said. It is so nice to be reminded that we should be so greatful for everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DITTO! I feel the same. It's been so fun seeing you around again. I love your smile and the way I feel cared about when I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete